Friday, October 12, 2012

NYC drawings from this summer

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything here, funny how that happens in blog world.

Regardless, there has been quite a bit of work happening in the studio in the interim, I just haven't been quite as diligent at documenting it all.

So to get back into the swing of things, here are a few drawings from my trip to New York City this past summer. I spent several wonderful days with dear friends Tim and Ann, rushing around the city, from museums to parks and cafes, sketching all the while and combining the objects and spaces we encountered into these rather Surreal ink and white chalk drawings.

And to add to the fun, I took on the challenge of including real stick-on googley eyes to each piece. Googley-eyes are the art supply that just keeps on giving...



No comments:

Post a Comment