Friday, April 6, 2012

A Grand new possibility...

Sometimes you work and work away in your studio, waiting for some shining spark of inspiration to come dancing through your window, and sometimes it just arrives in a cardboard box from UPS on the front porch. The latter was my situation yesterday when I received the photo (below) of my dear colleague Heather's grandmother. Heather had recently put out an inquiry to art friends online, as to whether anyone wanted this image to creatively re-purpose (approx. 16" X 20" and in a wood, gold brushed frame no less...) and of course I jumped at the opportunity.
Just received the package from Florida last night, and may I say the real thing does not disappoint! On an interesting (and perhaps cosmically significant?) note, I just order a huge roll of Arches 200lb. watercolor paper from N Y Central Art Supply this week, 51" X 10 yards. I think that Fate has spoken through its messenger, Happy Coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment