Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Working on Big Drawings at Arrowmont...

So here are a few views of a large drawing I have been working on with my students at Arrowmont this week.
This first layer is just graphite drawing, no gesso washes or mixed media added at this point.

The heads that I am drawing here are all from the Arrowmont ceramic sculpture collection. Every clay instructor donates a bisque-fired piece to the collection at the end of their class, so there were quite a few great figurative pieces to chose from. I'm not sure which artists made these wonderful pieces, but as soon as I find out their names, I will post them here on the blog...

That's Robbie, a student form the printmaking workshop at Arrowmont, standing next to the drawing to give a sense of scale.





And here is a photo of the actual heads I was working with...


No comments:

Post a Comment