Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"The Important Woman"

Good news from the studio: As we exit the month of August and the remains of summer 2013 fade away, I am finally finishing some new, large, mixed media drawings! This piece is one of several that I can finally move to the "completely done, never touching this again!" drawer in the studio flat file.

As with much of the new work happening in my studio these days, "The Important Woman" focuses on the relationship between a specific human head (based on one of the many marble and bronze portrait busts I have photographed over the years) and a specific found object (in this case, the wood chalice sitting on the small shelf at the bottom of the composition.)

My goal is to have five or six new large, mixed media pieces completed by the end of October. Ah well, that's what fall is about after all, setting rather unrealistic goals...










No comments:

Post a Comment